Last year, for its eleventh edition, the Franco-Irish Literary Festival introduced a new idea: A writing competition. We were so encouraged by the huge success of this competition that we intend to repeat it in the current edition.
The purpose of the writing competition is to showcase writing talent on the theme “Generations”. Any "Budding Writer”, whether Irish or French, can take part in this challenge.
The jury which will decide on the winner is composed of members of the Festival Committee. The best short stories/poems (one French and one English) will be read by the authors during the festival.
The two winners, one Irish - will receive a free French course, of his/her choice, at the Alliance Francaise and one French - will be able to choose from a wide range of creative writing courses at the Irish writers’ Centre.
• The opening date for entries is the 1rst January 2011 - The closing date is the 15th March 2011.
• A short story or short poem on the theme of “Generations”.
• You may write either in English or in French.
• Your story or poem must be in Arial 12 and on one page word format. Any text longer than this will be disqualified!
• There is no age limit.
• All stories and poems will be displayed during the Literary Festival.
• Send your completed story or poem by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Take up your pens!